The Plano Community Library, 15 W. North Street, will be host to many events. For more information and to register, visit planolibrary.info or call 630-552-2009.
• Knit and Crochet Group, Thursdays, 10 a.m. to noon.
The informal group works on their own projects, discusses types and colors of yarns, and helps each other with new or tricky patterns. Participants bring their own supplies. No registration is required.
• Writers’ Group, Thursday, Jan. 10, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m..
Writers can discuss their work at the Library Board Room. No registration is required. Open to adults and high school students.
• New Life For Old Bags, Saturday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m. to noon.
Participants can help turn plastic shopping bags into sleeping mats for the homeless. For more information contact Ceil Carey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-846-1704. No Registration Required.
• Movie Matinee, Monday, Jan. 14, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m..
This ensemble comedy, mixing adorable canines and humans who need as much rescuing as the animals they adopt, is a shaggy charmer. Rated PG.
• Wednesday Night Book Group, Wednesday, Jan. 16, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m..
The Care and Management of Lies by Jacqueline Winspear, will be discussed. The book for February, Educated by Tara Westover, will be available at the check-out desk. New members are welcome any time.
• Drop-In Job Search and Resume Help, Thursday, Jan. 17, 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m..
An Illinois WorkNet representative will be available to answer job search questions and provide resume assistance.
•Interested In Learning German?, Saturday, Jan. 5, 2:15 p.m. to 3 p.m..
Kids and their parents can learn German at the play group targeted to ages three to kindergarten. Contact Meeli at email@example.com to sign up.
• Independent Storytime For 3s, 4s, and 5s, Monday, Jan. 14, 10:30 a.m. to 11:10 a.m., or, 1 p.m. to 1:40 p.m..
For independent three to five year-olds, without an adult. It will feature simple stories, music, movement activities, and a simple craft. Parents must remain in the Kids’ Library during the program. Call 630-552-2025 or stop by the Kids’ Library Desk to register.
• Me & My Grown-Up Storytime, Monday, Jan. 14, 6:30 p.m. to 7:10 p.m., or Tuesday, Jan. 15, 10:30 a.m. to 11:10 a.m..
For three and four year-olds with their grown-up. No younger siblings will be allowed. This transitional storytime is perfect for the little one who’s not ready for independent storytime. Grown-ups will stay in the room and actively participate in the program with their child. Features simple stories, rhymes, movement activities, songs, and art experiences. Call 630-552-2025 or stop by the Kids’ Library Desk to register.
• Independent Storytime For 4s and 5s, Tuesday, Jan. 15, 1 p.m. to 1:40 p.m., or, 6:30 p.m. to 7:10 p.m..
For independent four and five year-olds only, without an adult. Features longer stories, activities, music, and a craft. Parents must remain in the Kids’ Library during the program. Call 630-552-2025 or stop by the Kids’ Library Desk to register.
—Plano Community Library