A burglary at The Flower Basket in the 300 block of Lake Street in Aurora, Thursday evening at approximately 8 p.m. left the business with a broken window, damaged safe, and a few hundred dollars missing from a cash register.
The owner reported a little more than an hour after the business closed at 7 p.m., the alarm company called to report the alarm was triggered. When police arrived, the offender(s) had already fled the building after unsuccessful attempts at prying and drilling open the safe.
Information from the Aurora Police Department Facebook page shows previous burglaries along the Lake Street corridor include:
Between September 4 and September 25, forced entry was a factor in all of the incidents and it appeared that cash was the main target for the offender(s). Aurora Police do not have any suspect descriptions, but believe the incidents are probably related.
• Between 5 p.m. and 11:45 p.m. Sept. 25, a medical facility in the 600 block of N. Lake St. was burglarized. Although nothing appeared to be missing, the building sustained $500 in damage in connection with the break-in.
• Between 4:30 p.m. Sept. 20 and 7 a.m. Sept. 21, tools worth $250 were taken from a factory in the 1200 block of N. Lake.
• Between 9:25 p.m. and 10:10 p.m., Sept. 15, cosmetics and cash were taken from a salon in the 200 block of S. Lake St. The total loss was set at $1960.
• Between 9:30 p.m. Sept. 13 and 8:25 a.m. Sept. 14, a clothing store in the 200 block of N. Lake St. sustained $1050 damage from a burglary where entry was made into the facility but nothing apparently taken.
• Around 10:40 p.m. Sept. 13, someone broke into a print shop next to the above mentioned clothing store. Nothing was taken but $1600 in damage was estimated from the burglary.
• Sometime after 6 p.m. Sept. 13, tools worth $2230 were taken from work trucks parked in a lot at a roofing contractor in the 700 block of S. Lake. The same contractor had another $5500 in tools swiped from their building between 5 p.m. Sept. 6 and 7 a.m. Sept. 7.
• Between 5:30 p.m. Sept. 4 and 9:45 a.m. Sept. 5, cash and other items worth $700 were taken from a boutique in the first block of W. Downer Place.
Aurora Police are asking anyone with any information about the incidents, to call Investigations at 630-256-5500 or Crime Stoppers at 630-892-1000.